"In-centuries XVII and XVIII colonial times it hosted the convent of Santa Teresa la Antigua, where the order of the Discalced Carmelites of San José lived. In 1859 the building was sold and used as a neighborhood, cellar and military barracks. In 1890, architect Manuel F. Alvarez made the project to install the Normal School of Teachers was subsequently undergone two renovations. a charge of Porfirio Diaz Ortega, and other entrusted to Leopoldo Batres. Between 1933 and 1978, it was occupied by different schools: University Initiation, Commerce and Administration, Dentistry, Nursing and Obstetricsas well as 2 and 7 campuses of the National Preparatory. Today it houses the Museum of the University autonomy, the Mexican Chamber of Dentistry, the Music Library of Radio UNAM, and is external headquarters of the Center of Teaching of Foreign Languages. "